Company: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point
Location: Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
Education/Credentials: University Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Social Science, or
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: January 22, 2021
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – Permanent Full Time (2 Positions)
PROGRAM AREA: CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: BAND REP
REPORTING PROTOCOL: REPORTS DIRECTLY TO CHILD & FAMILY SERVICES MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: The Band Representative acts on behalf of the Chippewas of the Kettle & Stony Point First Nation (KSPFN) as a party under the Child and Family Services Act involving KSPFN; protects the collective best interest of KSPFN child(ren); ensures effective delivery and monitoring practices pertaining to child welfare protection services in alignment with Kettle & Stony Point’s policies and procedures as well as the legal framework of the Child, and the Child, Youth and Family Services Act. The Band Representative provides support, advocates to maintain family units, advocates for satisfactory solutions to family problems, liaises with related service agencies and explains the child and family service system.
- University Degree or Diploma in Social Work, Social Science, or related field;
- 3 years’ experience working in Social Services or related field in a First Nation is an asset.
- 1-2-year experience of working in the social field and with First Nation families.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act (CFSA) including Part X of the CFSA;
- Knowledge of Section 10 of the CFSA as it relates to First Nations.
- Expert knowledge of Customary Care and the philosophy of service development and delivery; the communities and family structure, as well as local First Nation customs and traditions.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have dependable transportation.
- KSPFN encourages all qualified individuals to apply. However, preference will be given to qualified First Nations people in accordance with KSPFN General Principles of the Human Resource Management Policy, section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, sub-section 24(1)(a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and section 7 of the Employment Equity Act. First Nations candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration can self-identify themselves in their cover letter.
- Successful applicants must provide a current and up to date CPIC and vulnerable sector background check upon hiring.
- Successful applicant must provide a copy of their Diploma and other related certificates
- Applicants must consent to a full background check upon hiring.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION, COMPLETE WITH A DETAILED RESUME
AND A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) WORK RELATED REFERENCES,
By Friday January 22, 2021 – 4:00pm
TO: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation,
ATTN: Human Resources
A full Job Description is available by emailing email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled shortly after the closing date.
ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE QUALIFICATION STANDARDS AND
REQUIREMENTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED.
AN UPDATED CPIC AND A REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE
REQUIRED FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PRIOR TO FINAL CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT