Chief Executive Officer
Company: Oneida Nation of the Thames
Location: Oneida Nation of the Thames, Southwold, Ontario, N0L 2G0
Job Type: Full Time
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 01/15/2024
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Division: Political Office
Salary: Competitive salary range
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8:30a.m. – 4:30p.m., Monday – Friday
Posting Date: December 21, 2023
Closing Date: January 15, 2024 at 4:30p.m.
Oneida Nation of the Thames is seeking a visionary and seasoned leader with strong change management skills, and demonstrated knowledge of Oneida protocols, language, and culture.
Overseeing the Chief Administrative Officer, Human Resources, Finance, Communications and Political Office staff, the CEO will represent and lead the organization as the most senior position in Oneida Nation of the Thames.
Reporting to Chief and Council, the CEO provides leadership to all staff within the organization and is responsible for implementing Council’s vision and goals for Oneida Nation of the Thames, working with partners and stakeholders to ensure opportunities for Oneida Nation of the Thames are leveraged to secure growth and sustainability.
The CEO also acts as a liaison and representative of Oneida Nation of the Thames to various governmental and Crown ministries, agents, stakeholders, other First Nation organizations, committees, working groups, advisors and consultants as directed by Chief and Council promoting a nation-to-nation, sovereign and Haudenosaunee-based philosophy.
- Leading an organization of approximately 250 permanent, temporary, and casual employees, with an operating budget of $33 million.
- Overseeing operations to ensure that internal controls and efficiencies, quality of services and effective uses of financial and human resources are in place and implemented.
- Maintains a high standard of operational performance, sound leadership, professional communications, and serves as a role model by demonstrating a positive professional public image at all times.
- Leading regular Senior Management Team meetings comprising the Chief Administrative Officer, Human Resources, Finance, Communications and Political Office staff.
- Ensuring strategic and annual planning processes are in place and operational.
- Ensuring financial and non-financial reporting requirements are met on a timely and regular basis.
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure financial stewardship via financial and administrative controls to maximize capacity for Oneida Nation of the Thames.
- Managing with optimum efficiency to achieve targeted results as per the strategic plan.
- Liaising with funders to maintain effective working relationships and the flow of information and funding to support projects and services.
- Developing and maintaining positive collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders to provide staff with effective and innovative lobby strategies to effectively promote Oneida Nation of the Thames interests.
- Provides clear leadership, promotes, and fosters an effective team environment to meet the needs of the Oneida Nation of the Thames and community members taking into consideration the social, financial, and organizational needs.
- Ensuring the fair recruitment and performance of staff within the existing framework of Human Resources policies and procedures including Canada Labor Code, Human Rights, Occupational Health & Safety and Privacy.
- Monitoring and controlling operating and project expenditures as per financial policies and legal requirements.
- Working with Chief and Council to shape strategic plans that chart the future course of Oneida Nation of the Thames with respect to planning and infrastructure needs.
- Taking a proactive role in formulating future strategic objectives for Chief and Council input, discussion and decision making within budget and policy guidelines.
- Reviewing plans and making recommendations to Chief and Council for the development of projects, new programs and services, i.e., Capital Plan, Infrastructure, Restructuring, Comprehensive Community Plan.
- Ensuring the planning and implementation of projects and programs are directed by Chief and Council.
- Developing and maintaining an effective, efficient, credible, and trusting working relationship with Chief and Council.
- Ensuring that financial reports are prepared, circulated, and presented to Council monthly or as deemed necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Chief and Council.
- Post-secondary education in management and/or in a professional discipline pertinent to the role or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Progressive leadership experience in a complex organization, with in-depth knowledge of general management practices including administration, financial management/budgeting, facilities and land management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with the Oneida Nation of the Thames programs and services.
- Expertise in strategic and operational planning, change management, organizational review and implementation, and business process improvement.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including media training and experience (preferred).
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
MANDATORY DOCUMENTATION WITH APPLICATION:
- Cover Letter – must address the qualifications outlined.
- Two (2) references from most recent employers.
REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO STARTING EMPLOYMENT:
- The successful candidate must submit a recent (completed within 6-months timeframe) Vulnerable Sector CPIC, at own expense.
- The successful candidate must submit a copy of applicable educational qualifications (certificates, diplomas, degrees, etc.).
Submit all mandatory documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- All applications will be screened according to the above qualifications, including a full and complete application as requested.
- Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16(1) of the Human Rights Act, is preferred.
- Oneida Nation is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require accommodations, please contact Human Resources.
To request a full job profile, contact the Human Resources Department at 519-652-3244 ext. 827 or by email email@example.com.