Company: Canadian Coast Guard
Required Experience: 3 months experience in hospitality
Education/Credentials: Cook Certificate
Application deadline: December 21, 2022
Ever dreamed of working on open waters? Are you looking for new experiences or needing a change? Then we have the perfect job for you.
At the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG), our crews play a crucial role in keeping Canada’s waters safe, saving lives, and protecting our marine environment from coast to coast to coast. We’re looking to hire individuals on a temporary and permanent basis for the following positions:
Steward, Twinehand, Storekeeper, Cook, Chief Cook, Engine Room Assistant/Oiler, Engineering Officer, Senior Engineering Officer, Chief Officer, and Commanding Officer.
Closing date: December 21, 2022 at 11:59pm ET
What to expect
- Please note that your application does not have to be completed in one sitting, although the system does not allow for you to return to a previous page once you have completed it.
- We suggest you have a look at the application in preview mode to prepare your answers in a word document and come back once you are ready to complete the application. Important note: If you accidently complete your application in “preview mode” your answers will not be saved.
- In the application, you are invited to provide short answers about yourself so that hiring managers can get to know you as a candidate.
- In order to expedite this process, some positions have included an additional assessment within this application. The application you are about to complete will consist of experience screening question(s) and may also require you to complete a Candidate Achievement Record (CAR).
- Required for all positions: The application will collect all necessary information required to make an employment offer.
- Required for all positions: The experience screening question(s) will assess all relatable gained experience(s) for the position(s) in which you are applying to.
- Required for selected positions: The CAR will assess three required behaviours for the position(s).
- Depending on the position(s) in which you are applying to, it may take you approximately 1-2 hours to complete your application and the assessment(s).
- You must upload your resume (mandatory) and we invite you to include a cover letter (optional).
- All communication regarding this process will be sent via email in your preferred language of choice (English or French).
- By submitting your application, you are providing your consent to share your information with hiring managers across the Department.