Company: United Way Elgin Middlesex
Location: London office | Travel within Elgin and Middlesex Counties
Required Experience: 1-3 years
Job Type: Full time-Contract
Education/Credentials: Post-secondary credentials
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 11/20/2023
Full-Time (35 hours / week)
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Schedule is flexible to reflect meetings outside of regular business hours.
Monday, November 20, 4:30 p.m.
About United Way Elgin Middlesex
United Way’s mission is to improve lives and build community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. The most important thing United Way can do for our community is to use our reputation, relationships and expertise to bring together our community’s resources of people,
time, talent, relationships, expertise, technology, money and more. By channeling our community’s power behind solid strategies, we can achieve lasting changes in the social conditions of individuals, families and our community.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Lisa Simmons, Executive Assistant and Human Resources Officer e. email@example.com
The Data Analyst position will accurately and efficiently manage constituent records to support United Way Elgin Middlesex’s development strategies related to donor retention, acquisition, direct mail, email penetration and gift acknowledgment. This role also maintains data integrity, trains staff on CRM modules and interfaces, and executes data strategies and work plan.
Based on the salary band for this role, external candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $48,000 -$53,000 ($26.37 – $29.12 per hour). When determining the wage, we consider the market, candidate experience, as well as internal equity. Additionally, United Way also offers:
• Three weeks paid vacation time to start
• Flexible working arrangements to encourage work-life balance
• Paid winter shut-down between Christmas and New Years
• Paid sick / personal days
• Summer office hours
• Employee Assistance Program
Our Ideal Candidate Will Possess
• Post-secondary credentials in database administration, information management, data management, or similar program; or a comparable combination of education and experience
• One to three years of relevant experience working with complex data systems related to customer service, sales or fundraising. Non-profit sector preferred, but not required
• Experience with queries, importing/exporting data, creating reports, mail merges, data and security storage
• Hands on experience working with a variety of relational database applications and CRM systems
• Experience with HTML, CSS, or SQL considered an asset
• Good analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• Ability to present complex information in simple, synthesized summaries
• Initiative, able to work well under stress, meet tight deadlines, and adapt easily to change
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration skills; able to communicate professionally and effectively with a wide variety of constituents
• Good project management and time management skills
• Maintain metrics that define and track data integrity that support fundraising activities
• Report ongoing progress to the CRM Specialist
• Run complex queries, build data mining operations, and collate data into reports; create and maintain mailing lists
• Maintain the CRM’s electronic pledging module for workplace and individual giving,
• Understand the CRM’s architecture and capabilities to capitalize on its functions for prospecting, fundraising and communication processes
• Perform data audits; provide reports, guidelines, and performance monitoring
• Assess the quality of existing data, staff and volunteer-use of the CRM, and identify areas for improvement and/or clean up
• Lead the development and implementation of procedures to ensure best practices in data entry, reporting, and integrity
• Train users on functionality, data standards and reporting
• Monitor inboxes related to customer service, bounce backs, and updating the CRM
• Engage staff in understanding the importance of CRM, analytic reporting and information management
• Completed administrative and office tasks associated with the role
• Willingness to contribute to the organization’s Reconciliation and Equity plan by actively participating in learning opportunities and implementing anti- oppressive, and anti-racist learnings into action internally and externally
• Perform other duties as needed to ensure the safe and effective operations of the organization
United Way will consider non-traditional work experience such as volunteering when examining the skills and knowledge needed for this position.
United Way is committed to diversity and encourages applications from people who are Indigenous, racialized, 2SLGBTQ+, women, persons with disabilities, and other overlooked and underestimated groups.
As an equal opportunity employer, United Way is committed to accessibility and to protecting the human rights of its employees. In support of this aim, United Way Elgin Middlesex has an accommodation process in place to provide. accommodations to employees with disabilities or when otherwise required under human rights laws.
We appreciate the interest from all applicants, only those individuals being considered will be contacted.