Educational Assistant – Cafeteria
Company: Greater Essex County District School Board
Location: Windsor, ON
Education/Credentials: Applicants must possess a minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma.
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 10/30/2023
Educational Assistant – Cafeteria
The Greater Essex County District School Board invites applications from members of its O.S.S.T.F.- E.S.S. Bargaining Unit employees for the following 1.0 FTE position of Educational Assistant – Cafeteria.
LOCATION: Westview Freedom Academy
POSITION: Educational Assistant – Cafeteria
START DATE: As soon as possible
Nature & Scope of Position:
The successful applicant will work under the direction of the School Principal and/or their designate and will play an important role in helping to provide a safe and caring environment for students as follows:
- In consultation with the school-based team implement and monitor programs that have been developed which support academic/cognitive skills, social skills, gross and fine motor abilities, communication skills and vocational skills.
- Maintain the facilities and equipment as related to hospitality/culinary program.
- Provide support and supervision to students in the food preparation processes during the daily operation of the school’s commercial kitchen and catering services.
- Menu planning including the ordering, verification and storage of supplies.
- Assist with ensuring the health and safety of students while in the commercial kitchen environment (equipment, materials, etc.).
- Assist with ensuring that the guidelines prescribed by Windsor Essex County Health Unit food/safety guidelines are followed and taught.
- Implement Behaviour Management Systems (BMS) in compliance with Board Policy and training.
- Provide input to the teacher(s) regarding student progress for the purpose of home/school communication.
- As part of the school based team, participate in the development, implementation and review of student’s IEP, Behaviour Plan, Safety Plan and Transition Plan.
- Assume other duties/responsibilities related to student needs as determined by the Principal.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and documented success in working to create a fair, inclusive, antiracist environment for all stakeholders, and to supporting diverse constituencies and populations.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of a Grade 12 Diploma.
- Preference will be given to applicants with post-secondary courses and/or certification in food preparation or related areas.
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated aptitude and competence in working with special needs individuals in an educational, residential or hospitality setting.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply in writing, giving full particulars as to education, qualifications and experience by visiting www.applytoeducation.com no later than 4:00 PM, Monday October 30, 2023. Please note there is no fee to apply to this position. You must apply under the actual job posting number 3617899 (under ECE, EA, and Support Staff). In support of the Board’s Indigenous Protocol, applicants of First Nations, Métis and Inuit descent may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other form of submission will be accepted from external
Chris Mills, Superintendent of Special Education
Greater Essex County District School Board
451 Park Street West, Box 210
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
Posting Number: 2023-155
The Greater Essex County District School Board actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to:
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, and all other Indigenous peoples;
- members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin;
- persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities;
- persons who identify as women; and
- persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions.
We recognize that many of these identities intersect and therefore, equity, diversity and inclusion can be complex. We value and respect the contributions that each person brings to enriching the Board and are committed to ensuring full and equal participation for all in communities that we serve.
We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants to support all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.