Educational Assistant (Two Positions)
Company: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
Location: Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
Education/Credentials: College Diploma in related fields of E.C.E, D.S.W
Application deadline: January 9, 2023
PROGRAM AREA: EDUCATION SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT
REPORTING PROTOCOL: REPORTS TO THE PRINCIPAL
KSPFN Educational Assistants are to assist the education, development and training of students as well as to assist in maintaining a smooth and efficient operation of the school in general. Educational Assistants must work under the Supervision of a teacher and/or administrator and take direction from the professional to whom they are assigned. The Educational Assistants are to follow the Ontario curriculum, and modify material and teaching styles to account for the individual needs of students. The Education Assistant works collaboratively with classroom teachers, consultants and other Professional staff in accordance with the KSPFN policies and regulations. They will and support yearly, monthly and daily lesson plans with staff. In addition, the Education Assistant will support setting realistic academic and behavioral goals for each student and as per their assigned responsibilities. Supporting the evaluation and reporting on students’ intellectual, social and academic progress on a regular basis will be necessary.
▪ College Diploma in related fields of E.C.E., D.S.W.
▪ Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as are energy and enthusiasm for the position.
▪ Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and an effective communication style
▪ Ability to set priorities, manage time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
▪ Experience dealing with children with a variety of physical and intellectual disabilities and behavioral or other learning difficulties.
▪ Computer literate
▪ Ability to maintain strict confidentiality on student issues.
▪ Being a positive role model through healthy lifestyles.
▪ Able to use proper heavy lifting methods and able to handle wheelchairs
PREFERENTIAL HIRING REQUIREMENTS:
▪ KSPFN encourages all qualified individuals to apply. However, preference will be given to qualified First Nations people in accordance with KSPFN’ General Principles of the Human Resource Management Policy, section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, sub-section 24(1)(a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and section 7 of the Employment Equity Act. First Nations candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration can self-identify themselves in their cover letter.
▪ Successful applicant must provide a current and up to date CPIC and vulnerable sector background check upon hiring.
▪ Successful applicant must provide a copy of their Diploma and other related certificates
▪ Applicants must consent to a full background check upon hiring.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR SEALED APPLICATION, COMPLETE WITH A DETAILED RESUME
AND A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) WORK RELATED REFERENCES,
CLOSING DATE – January 9th, 2023
TO: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation,
ATTN: HR – EA
Email to: email@example.com
Mail to: 6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point First Nation, ON N0N 1J1