Executive Director N’Amerind Friendship Centre
Company: N'Amerind Friendship Centre
Location: London, ON
Required Experience: Two to three years of organization and staff management of a non-profit community resource- based agency
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or demonstrated executive management experience
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: August 11, 2023
Position: Executive Director N’Amerind Friendship Centre
Term: Permanent 35 Hours / Week Wage: Negotiable Closing Date: Until Position Filled
The Executive Director is responsible for providing the leadership and direction for the successful management and operations of the N’Amerind Friendship Centre (NFC). The Executive Director will work in conjunction with the Board of Directors to secure the implementation of NFC long-range strategic plan and policies established by the Board of Directors, including alignment and achievement of annual objectives and priorities. The Executive Director will ensure the Board is informed of important matters, providing information to support decision-making, and providing insights gained from interaction with stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or demonstrated executive management experience of a non-profit social services agency
• In-depth knowledge of urban Indigenous community needs, solutions and trends
• Two to three years of organization and staff management of a non-profit community resource- based agency
• Experience strategically planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services
• A clear understanding of operational and capital budgets, forecasts, and funding applications
• Exceptional ability to manage multiple tasks/projects; prioritize, set goals, track progress
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with, motivate and interact with staff, volunteers, partners
• Excellent communicator with concise written and verbal skills; an articulate speaker
• Ability to problem-solve, assess issues, identify causes, generate solutions
• Leader and team player to positively influence others to meet organizational goals
• Flexibility to work additional hours or weekends as required
• Takes personal responsibility to increase cultural sensitivity, awareness and implementation of the NFC Vision Statement including foundational teachings and organizational practices in both professional conduct and work-related deliverables.
• Takes ownership and responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work commitments.
• Applies systematic, logical reasoning when addressing problems or situations in order to
arrive at an appropriate solution or outcome.
N’Amerind (London) Friendship Centre
260 Colborne St. London ON N6B 2S6
Ph (519) 672-0131 Fax (519) 672-0717
• Builds, develops and sustains business relationships / strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial, reciprocal and grounded in trust and respect.
• Accomplishes goals, and achieves the results. This includes the efficient and effective use of all resources including time, financial, people and technology.
• Works collaboratively with others and in a win-win productive manner.
• Outreach to community partners; local government, organizations, and media groups
• Conduct organizational and evaluation reviews of programs, facility, and staffing levels
• Ensure staffing requirements are meant to effectively implement and manage all programs
• Responsible for hiring process, training, and compliance with HR laws
• Oversee financial activities related to the annual and day-to-day operation of NFC
• Responsible to maintain financial files and ensure compliance with NFC financial policy
• Ensure all program objectives are being met in accordance with agreements
• Daily access to a reliable vehicle
• To undertake any other such reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE TO SUBMIT A COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE INCLUDING:
A CV and cover letter, in Word or PDF format
Two work related references and One-character reference
Copies of relevant certificate, diploma, degree
Mail or Hand Deliver: Hiring Committee
Re: Executive Director N’Amerind Friendship Centre 260 Colborne Street London, ON N6B 2S6
Email: executive.director@namerind. on.ca Re: Executive Director
Fax: (519) 672 0717 Attention: Hiring Committee Re: Executive Director
All applications will be screened based on the receipt of a COMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGE.
• Only those contacted will be granted an interview.
• A registered member of a First Nation as per Section 16 (1) of the Human Rights Act is preferred.
All applicants understand and agree that by submitting a job application; at their cost, the Successful candidate will be required to submit a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check (Level 3) as a condition of employment.