Company: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
Location: Kettle & Stony Point First Nation
Required Experience: Evidence of at least five (5) years of successful teaching experience in an elementary or secondary school
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Undergraduate Degree plus either an additional relevant master’s degree, or First Nation Principal Certification
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 11/10/2023
HILLSIDE PRINCIPAL – FULL TIME
PROGRAM AREA: EDUCATION SERVICES
POSITION TITLE: HILLSIDE PRINCIPAL
REPORTING PROTOCOL: REPORTS TO THE DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION
The Hillside School Principal is responsible for providing educational leadership within the community, and for administering the Hillside School programs in accordance with Council and the Education Committee directives and policies, and for bringing about measurable improvement in the quality and standards of education provided for the community families and students, including cultural and language programs focused on a planned strategy for maintaining the language, culture and history of our Anishinaabe ancestors.
▪ Undergraduate Degree plus either an additional relevant master’s degree, or First Nation Principal Certification
▪ Current membership in the Ontario College of Teachers.
▪ Certification to teach in three or more divisions, including the intermediate division.
▪ Evidence of at least five (5) years of successful teaching experience in an elementary or secondary school.
▪ Familiarity with AANDC and other funding sources for Education programs.
▪ Appreciation and understanding of the First Nation history, language, culture and goals of the Chippewas of Kettle and Stony Point First Nation.
▪ Clear CPIC and vulnerable sector background check.
▪ Able to serve as a positive role model for students.
▪ Valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable transportation.
▪ Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and data collection.
▪ Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and maintain strict confidentiality.
▪ Able to encourage open communication and interaction with the staff and community.
▪ Experience working with difficult people.
▪ Task-oriented work style that requires minimal direction.
PREFERENTIAL HIRING REQUIREMENTS:
▪ KSPFN encourages all qualified individuals to apply. However, preference will be given to qualified First Nations people in accordance with KSPFN’ General Principles of the Human Resource Management Policy, section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act, sub-section 24(1)(a) of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and section 7 of the Employment Equity Act. First Nations candidates who wish to qualify for preferential consideration can self-identify themselves in their cover letter.
▪ Successful applicant must provide a current and up to date CPIC and vulnerable sector background check upon hiring.
▪ Successful applicant must provide a copy of their Diploma and other related certificates.
▪ Applicants must consent to a full background check upon hiring.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR SEALED APPLICATION, COMPLETE WITH A DETAILED RESUME AND A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) WORK RELATED REFERENCES, CLOSING DATE – NOVEMBER 10th, 2023
TO: Chippewas of Kettle & Stony Point First Nation,
ATTN: HR – Principal
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail to: 6247 Indian Lane, Kettle & Stony Point First Nation, ON N0N 1J1
A full Job Description is available: contact the HR assistant at email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled shortly after the closing date.
ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO MEET THE QUALIFICATION STANDARDS AND REQUIREMENTS WILL BE INTERVIEWED. AN UPDATED CPIC AND A REFERENCE CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE PRIOR TO FINAL CONFIRMATION OF EMPLOYMENT