Manager, Orientation, Transition and First Year Experience
Location: London, ON
Required Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience developing, managing and evaluating student Orientation and/or transition programs
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Education, Humanities/Social Sciences, Student Affairs, Leadership
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 11/03/2023
Manager, Orientation, Transition and First Year Experience (SSC 41172)
Student Academic Success Services
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. May require occasional evenings and weekends
Salary Range: $83,443 to $104,303
Closing Date: November 3, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: The Manager, Orientation, Transition and First Year Experience, is responsible for the creation, integration and ongoing delivery of College-wide Orientation, First Year Experience and Transition programming. The incumbent is responsible for the leadership and development of a professional student affairs team that takes a student-centred approach to the operation of programs including the development and implementation of an operational plan with a focus on student opportunities that augment their collegial experience; aligned to the Colleges Strategic Goals and commitments.
Under the direction of the (Leader) Student Experience, the incumbent works closely with Student Services and Academic Leadership teams and our Fanshawe Student Union to formulate and develop Orientation and Campus Life/Student Life programming, First Year Experience and Transition programming. The incumbent leads our Student Service HUBs, Orientation programming as well as the Campus Life Facilitator and Transition Learning Advisors, all with a focus on exceptional student experiences and aligned to equity, diversity and inclusion principles. The Manager, Orientation, Transition, First Year Experience is a key member of our Student Experience Committee.
- Post-secondary 3-year diploma/degree in Education, Humanities/Social Sciences, Student Affairs, Leadership or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing, managing and evaluating student Orientation and/or transition programs, services and resources, ideally in a post secondary educational environment
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Post-secondary experience within advising or mentorship of students; planning and promoting student events and programs; developing student engagement initiatives; working within or closely with Student Associations or student clubs
- Experience managing staff, preferably in an unionized environment
- Experience coordinating and facilitating student onboarding programs and supervising staff and students
- Knowledge of student development theory
- Knowledge of marketing and outreach strategies to effectively engage students in both virtual and in person delivery
- Ability to determine and use learning outcomes and assessments to measure outcomes for student programming
- Ability to think analytically and strategically in a highly collaborative working environment, fostering productive working relationships
- Intercultural competency and experience working within a diverse cultural environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.