Professor – Commercial Flight and Aviation Leadership
Location: London, ON
Required Experience: Minimum 7 years’ experience with a major carrier or Air Force preferred
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Post-secondary 3-year Aviation or Aerospace diploma/degree preferred
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 11/24/2023
Professor – Commercial Flight and Aviation Leadership (AVI 41202)
Norton Wolf School of Aviation and Aerospace Technology
Faculty of Science, Trades and Technology
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Internal Close – November 17, 2023
External Close – November 24, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Commercial Flight and Aviation Leadership Program in the Norton Wolf School of Aviation and Aerospace Technology.
• Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
• Excellent communicator
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners from different backgrounds
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with various technologies
• Related industry work experience
• Previous post-secondary teaching experience (hybrid and/or online delivery) and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
• Post-secondary 3-year Aviation or Aerospace diploma/degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years’ experience with a major carrier or Air Force preferred
• An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
• Have or have held an ATPL, Flight Instructor Rating – Aeroplane
• Experience working in aviation operations an asset
• Experience in teaching or training an asset
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development
Approximate Start Date: December 11, 2023
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $73,079 to $126,689 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.