Professor – Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management
Location: London, ON
Required Experience: A minimum of 10 years’ related industry experience in a leading position in the areas of hospitality or tourism management
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management or a related field is required
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 10/30/2023
Professor – Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management (THS 40960)
School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts
Faculty of Creative Industries
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date: Internal Close – October 23, 2023
External Close – October 30, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach courses in the Hospitality and Tourism Operations Management Program in the School of Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience (hybrid and/or online delivery) and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management or a related field is required
- Master’s degree in a related field is an asset
- Current certifications or professional designations in the related Hospitality or Tourism Management field is an asset
- A minimum of 10 years’ related industry experience in a leading position in the areas of hospitality or tourism management, sales, economics, communications, and leadership are required
- A minimum of 5 years’ teaching experience at a post-secondary level, incorporating active learning strategies in online, hybrid, flexible, and in-person classes
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Areas of expertise will include Global Business Management, Communications, Hospitality or Tourism Marketing, Project Management, Hospitality or Tourism Operations, Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Financial Management
- Prior post-secondary teaching training and experience in adult instructions techniques, and curriculum design experience will be preferred
- A thorough knowledge of current trends in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry, with proven ability to teach the entry-level practitioner in the classroom/or lab setting will be required
- Involvement in innovation and professional development related to teaching, use of technology, and student success
- Ability to convey conceptual and practical aspects of subjects to students respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and learning needs
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and life-long learning
- Excellent communication, collaboration, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
Approximate Start Date: January 2, 2024
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $73,079 to $126,689 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.