Company: Nokee Kwe
Location: London, ON
Required Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: January 01, 2024
Mission: Nokee Kwe, founded on Indigenous principles, is dedicated to creating, promoting, and sustaining culturally sensitive environments, which encourage and support personal development and self-determination.
Vision: At Nokee Kwe, we will be known as an organization that is a leader in the provision of holistic and comprehensive services to Indigenous and non-Indigenous individuals, assisting them in making meaningful life choices.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Manager
Reporting to the Programs Director, you will oversee planning, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting for the First Employ project. You will be the face of the project and work closely with London Chamber of Commerce, their members, and the community. You will utilize your presentation skills in supporting businesses create/build Indigenous diversity recruitment/retention into their recruitment plans.
You possess knowledge of Canadian Indigenous culture, specifically local Indigenous principals and philosophies, and are able to assist with curriculum development related to cultural recruitment/retention training. You will oversee the development and delivery of the training component of this project, and create a volunteer advisory committee to assist/vet the content of the training.
This is a Full-Time, 12-Month Contract. You will also be responsible for achieving the established deliverables in a timely manner, planning out the project monthly goals, working with and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders/funders, related businesses, Nokee Kwe staff, and community partners. Your development and execution of detailed project plans will ensure the project is delivered on time and within scope and budget. Working with the Nokee Kwe marketing and event planning team, you will be responsible for all external marketing of the project, including the creation and deployment of marketing materials/information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring that the projects is deliveredon-time, within scope, and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives in concert with the established metrics and budget
- Communicating with all relevant stakeholders and ensuring engagement
- Oversee and fully utilize the budget for this project, while ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Coordinating internal resources and vendors as needed for a flawless project execution
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to senior staff as needed
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders, funders, related employers, and others as relevant to the project
- Perform risk management to minimizeproject risks
- Create, maintain, and share comprehensive project documentation
- Participate in regular team meetings
Educational and Experiential Requirements:
You should have a background in project management and/or business with 3-5 years of experience. This experience should include business skills, management, budgeting and analysis, achieving targets, and writing effective reports. Additionally, soft skills required include excellent communication, the ability to manage multiple tasks, problem-solving aptitude, team player, organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and ability to build/maintain positive client-facing relationships. Strong technical skills, as used in most office-based workplaces, are required, as well as digital survey/response tools, social media skills, and others as they relate to the project.
Additional Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit employment sector
- Knowledge of charitable status
- Grant writing skills
- Indigenous cultural competency
Nokee Kwe is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified candidates to apply, however, Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants.
Nokee Kwe does not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at (519) 667-7088
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume attached. No phone calls please. Note job title in the subject line. Please include salary requirements.
1069 Wellington Road South, Unit 104
London, ON N6E 2H6
Deborah Armstrong; Programs Director; email@example.com (519) 671-3798