Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
Company: Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre (SOAHAC)
Location: Cambridge, ON
Required Experience: 2-3 Years
Job Type: Full Time
Education/Credentials: Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: January 8, 2023
*Please see the attachment for full details.
Status: Full-time, permanent
Hours: 35 hours/week (5 days)
Paid Time Off: 3 weeks of vacation, plus sick days, spiritual/cultural leave, birthday!
Benefits: Comprehensive health, dental, travel insurance, and more!
Pension: HOOPP (defined benefit plan)
Posting Date: December 15, 2022
Deadline: January 8, 2023
Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre (SOAHAC) is a diverse, dynamic, multiservice Indigenous health and wellness agency. We strive to provide quality, wholistic health services by sharing and promoting traditional and western health practices to enable people to live in a more balanced state of well-being. SOAHAC provides services to Indigenous people including those who live on and off reserve, status, non-status, Inuit, and Metis within the Southwest, Waterloo Wellington and Erie St Clair regions. SOAHAC has a mandate of ensuring that health services are accessible, of high quality, and are culturally appropriate. It is SOAHAC’s objective to build health care capacity within Indigenous communities. Currently, we are seeking the services of a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse to join our interdisciplinary staff team to work at our Cambridge site in Waterloo Wellington region.
Reporting to the Integrated Care Manager, the Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) or Registered Nurse (RN) supports the primary care providers in the provision of comprehensive primary care and preventative services to urban Indigenous clients across the lifespan. The RPN/RN will support the primary care providers by conducting assessments and physical examinations, administering immunizations and other injections, performing venipuncture, wound care, and any other nursing related duties that may be requested within the RPN/RN scope of practice.
• Current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• Graduate from a recognized RPN or BScN program
• Certified Diabetes Educator an asset
• 2-3 years clinical experience; preferably in a multi-disciplinary team setting
• 2-3 years nursing experience in any/ all areas of primary care, chronic disease management, preventative care, mental health and addictions
• Knowledge of culture and local Indigenous communities in the area is a strong asset
• Excellent communication, customer service and collaboration skills
• Excellent problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work effectively and independently
• Strong attention to detail and assessment skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and across teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly
• Computer literacy including skills in e-mail, PowerPoint, Excel, and Electronic Medical Records
• Experience in providing professional foot care an asset
• Travel within Wellington Waterloo region, as well as SOAHAC sites as required
• Willingness to participate in Indigenous Cultural Safety Training, teachings and ceremonies
• Clean and current police check as a condition of employment
• Valid government issued driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle or transportation. A clean driver’s abstract may be required.
• Up to date immunization record including COVID-19 vaccinations (min. 2 doses)
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Subject line: RPN or RN (please specify)– Cambridge
Or mail to: Human Resources
Southwest Ontario Aboriginal Health Access Centre
425 – 427 William Street,
London, ON N6B 3E1