Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets
Company: Libro Credit Union
Location: London, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Application deadline: 10/10/2023
What Opportunity Awaits?
We’re on a mission to find an epic full-time Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets to support existing and prospective Libro Owners. As a credit union, our customers and employees are our Owners.
This role supports all regions within Libro, and is a mobile position offering remote work and flexibility in schedule.
What does our Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets do?
This leadership role knows agriculture and has the responsibility to lead, inspire, motivate and support the agriculture segment.
The Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets participates in the support of corporate strategies and provides leadership & coaching on agricultural solutions, products and services, loan programs, financing requests and develops and implements risk management strategies and tactics, policy/procedure development.
Working closely with the Business Leadership team, key objectives include developing market and segment strategies and identifying growth and relationship opportunities to increase market share of agriculture business, while ensuring an appropriate approach to risk.
This role provides segment expertise, technical support and training to a team of Agriculture Specialists and front-line staff engaged in providing lending solutions to Libro’s Agriculture portfolio and new prospects. In tandem, the Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets works closely with the Commercial Markets Manager to ensure that all agriculture loans/deposits adhere to established pricing, policies and procedures.
Working as a liaison and leading voice to Agriculture based organizations across Southwestern Ontario, or other partner organizations, the Senior Manager, Agricultural Markets is responsible for providing thought leadership on behalf of Libro Credit Union.
The Epic Human we are looking for will:
Ownership Experience and Relationship Building
- Lead a team of Agriculture Specialists that owns and supports the largest and most complex agriculture portfolios at Libro Credit Union.
- Work closely with Regional Managers, Business Banking to support effective sales management practices as part of the local region, and corporate teams.
- Take an active role in understanding, supporting, guiding and coaching the largest, most complex/highest risk Owners in Libro’s Agriculture segment.
- Provide coaching and developmental opportunities to ensure continuing growth in team knowledge and experience. Supports the team with the resolution of problems and technical issues.
- Takes a relationship focused approach to ensure that Owners’ day-to-day financial and banking needs are being met at the highest level.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to support Libro’s farm owners and families through their financial planning, succession planning and insurance needs by effectively working with Wealth & Insurance staff and leadership
- Participate in promotion of regional, provincial and national campaigns to build Libro’s brand and handle Owner concerns.
- Network and build rapport with professionals in the Agricultural community across Libro’s trade area. Participates or supports events with the goal of business development and building brand. Identifies and initiates contact with Agriculture based owner’s, partners, community leaders, centers of influence (COI) and prospects to close deals and strengthen, protect and grow the agricultural book of business.
People and Team Engagement
- Ensure a high level of staff engagement through a strong coaching environment.
- Demonstrate and model a strong commitment to continuous learning and development by actively participating in learning initiatives, maintaining awareness of changing economic/marketplace influences, industry trends/data, mentorship of peers and sharing knowledge and learnings
- Ensures all staff have the training and knowledge to document agriculture ventures, and that all credit is are completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner in accordance and compliance with all corporate policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including security and account operating documentation
- Supports Regional Managers, Business Banking in building Agricultural product knowledge and financial expertise and assisting with Owner needs where necessary to ensure proper agriculture credit expertise meets the needs of the Owner.
- Participates in community activities or events, promoting Libro Credit Union and demonstrating the Company values.
- Establish goals and targets for the Agricultural Specialist role aligned to work requirements, and organization’s vision and strategic plans.
Business Planning and Strategy and Community Impact
- Be highly knowledgeable of industry and market trends across Agricultural Banking.
- Support the Vice-President, Business Banking with reporting; participates in project work, and provides input into process, policy or procedural changes.
- Participate in annual business planning cycle with Business Leadership Team, identifying opportunities for the Agricultural team to support overall segment activities.
- Participate in team activities as required to deliver on Libro’s Prosperity Purpose.
Risk, Compliance & Administration
- Monitor risk areas and reporting related to deposits and loans, including overdrafts and delinquency.
- Balance risk effectively to support identification of new opportunities for Libro.
- Acutely aware of emerging trends in Agriculture and impact to Libro’s Agriculture portfolio including climate related policies.
- Uses exceptional financial, agriculture segment industry knowledge and expertise to proactively assess and anticipate owner’s needs to suggest, recommend and/or propose products/solutions to meet those needs and the owner’s broader business objectives.
- Coach Agricultural Specialists and Regions to structure, price, negotiate and document complex credit and cash management arrangements with segment owners and prospects – often in partnership with the Credit adjudication department.
- Work closely with Analyst Manager and Credit to support the development of specialized underwriting approaches for Libro’s key target segments
- Support Analyst Manager with awareness of changing economic/marketplace influences and applicable industry trends/data to identify risk issues to ensure appropriate approaches to remediate and minimize losses for high-risk loans.
- Provide technical expertise and support to Libro’s credit loan committees.
- Requires a university degree with related courses in the area of business finance, with a preference for Food and Agriculture Business related degree.
- Coaching/Leadership experience in a formal capacity.
- Work experience of 10-15 years; a minimum of 7-9 years of commercial or agricultural experience within a financial institution.
- Leadership experience of 5 years to successful coach and motivate a team.
- Experience and technical knowledge in support of Agricultural Owners is a must.
- Agriculturally related designations and/ or courses.
Could this be you? Are you ready to join Libro?
- Do you have a passion for growing prosperity in Southwestern Ontario by transforming banking through inspiring financial happiness?
- Are you an Epic Human; joyful in your work, passionately accountable, a bold explorer and mutually inclusive?
How we bring Joyful in our work:
- Competitive compensation and employee pension plans
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision, with all benefit premiums paid for by Libro!
- Generous vacation time
- Employee wellness programs
- Staff accounts and staff rates on products and services
- Staff appreciation programs and awards
- Career development opportunities including tuition assistance
- Many great perks and rewards; fitness club discounts, technology offers, travel and entertainment deals, just for being part of our great team!
If you’re passionate about helping your community, interested in being part of a remarkable team, and want to help grow prosperity in Southwestern Ontario – we want to hear from you!
Libro is committed to fostering a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. All recruiting activities including interviews will be conducted virtually. Libro will provide accommodations to candidates with disabilities, upon request.