Server and Network Administrator
Company: University of Windsor
Location: Windsor, ON
Required Experience: 5 years’ experience in both Unix/Linux and Windows System Administration and Ethernet Network Administration.
Education/Credentials: A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
Cover Letter: Required
Application deadline: 11/10/2023
Server and Network Administrator Classification ‘VIII’ in the School of Computer Science
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of the Server and Network Administrator is to work as part of the technical team to support and assist in the day to day operations of the computing environment/infrastructure used by students, faculty, staff, researchers and guests in the School of Computer Science. This position resolves issues to meet changing requirements of integrated components, including physical and virtual machines, their related management systems, databases and application software using a variety of operating systems.
The successful candidate will have:
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
• 5 years’ experience in both Unix/Linux and Windows System Administration and Ethernet Network Administration.
• Experience with commercial and open‐source enterprise computing virtualization.
• Experience with commercial and open‐source database and application servers.
• Proficiency with operating systems programming at an advanced level.
• The ability to learn and adapt to new technology
• Excellent diagnostic and problem‐solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in a teaching or computing support environment.
• 4 years honours degree in Computer Science